2048 Ventures, an early stage venture capital firm, is hiring a full-time Associate based in NYC. They invest in exceptional first-time entrepreneurs who are building businesses differentiated through technology. They are based in NYC and invest in founders from New York, Boston and Emerging Tech Cities.
"At 2048 Ventures, our mission is to partner with exceptional first-time founders, to provide capital and hands-on help at the earliest stage. We are happy to be the first institutional check, and leverage our network of advisors and investors, to help founders take their startups to the next level."
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is a unique opportunity to experience and learn in the earliest-stage, fast-paced venture environment.
You will be involved in every aspect of the operation of a venture firm, and you will learn about VC investing in a high-paced environment (averaging > 1 investment/deal per month).
This role requires an excellent communicator, who is extraordinarily organized, tech-savvy and goes the extra mile in everything they do. The ideal candidate is able to juggle multiple projects, demonstrates positivity in all interactions, is open to receiving feedback and shares the Partners’ passion for problem-solving.
This is a fast-paced role that reflects the dynamic nature of the Partners’ multi-faceted roles and work styles. The ideal candidate will embrace the intensity of this role with enthusiasm and composure, and is comfortable interfacing with the Partners, our prospective and portfolio Founders, as well as our Advisory Network, LPs and various Administrative Resources (legal, accounting, fund admin).
Compensation is a mix of base, bonus and carry - commensurate with experience.
- Managing day-to-day activities of the firm, including:
- Qualification and tracking of new investment opportunities
- Portfolio Founders’ needs
- Written and verbal interactions with senior execs, advisors, VCs, LPs and more
- Research / diligence / tracking:
- Conduct deal diligence and market research
- Work on investment/deal process and memos
- Monthly data capture from portfolio founders
- Participate in weekly Partners’ meetings
- Fund operations:
- Basic office and HR needs
- Coordination with our back office and reporting: Fund Admin, Accountant and Counsel
- Maintain key databases (Companies, Founders, LPs, Advisors, VCs)
- Help with LP and 2048 Network communication + annual meetings
You demonstrate positivity in all you do, embrace constructive feedback and have zero ego in terms of what you work on. You stay ahead of the technology curve for work and play, and understand the impact early-stage VC can have. You are a go-getter, who does not shy away from any work. You have a GTD mentality, are super-organized and focused on execution. You are intellectually curious, love learning in creative ways, and yet are fast, detail-oriented and analytical. And because of your prior life experience, you have unique confidence and presence of mind to excel in all situations.
Preferred, but not required experience:
- At least 5 years’ experience (corporate or startup)
- Background in business, data/analytics, research
- Computer Science or Engineering degree
- Previous experience in venture is a plus