Here at Zola, we’re seeking an exceptional Product Manager to lead our recently launched Zola Weddings.
Zola Weddings is a free, easy-to-use, beautiful suite of wedding planning tools for engaged couples. This business is essentially a startup within a startup, and we’re looking for an entrepreneurial, scrappy, analytical, creative leader who can help grow this early-stage category into a huge one for Zola. The headlining feature of Zola Weddings is our Website product.
The ultimate goal as the Product Manager for Zola Weddings will be to collaborate with cross functional partners in order to grow the number of couples using the product by creating the best, and most impactful customer experience. We’re looking for someone who can both sweat the details and tie them back to the big picture. The successful candidate should be equally comfortable talking tech with developers, brand positioning with marketing, and talking strategy with executive leadership.
The Product Manager will execute on the vision of the business, anticipate and make trade-offs, deliver an amazing customer experience, prioritize everything there is to do, all while keeping the business and customer needs top of mind. You’re a problem solver and have a proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Owning the product roadmap for Wedding Planning
- Prioritize key features that focus on growth and engagement
- Communicate projects to key stakeholders of all levels
- Project management for all projects on the roadmap
- Analyze and report on performance of features within Weddings
- Deeply understand the customer and think creatively about how to serve them better
- Conduct user testing to better understand how customers interact with current product and future ideas
- Dissecting customer frustrations with wedding planning and identifying ways to turn frustration into happiness
- Partner with Marketing, Growth and other teams to continuously improve customer retention
- Collaborating with partners to identify new ways to delight the couple and turn those into new features or offerings
- Feature performance and KPIs
- Understanding of technical constraints and knowing where to push the boundaries
- Evaluating competitors and the market for capability-oriented and emerging development and technology trends
Our ideal candidate loves both building and optimizing, as well as strategizing and doing. You are a structured and creative thinker, and you are able to toggle easily between the big themes and the little details. You are comfortable in SQL and Google Analytics, and you can prove your ability to learn new systems and processes quickly. Lastly, you love working with kind, smart colleagues who share a commitment to putting the customer first!
- 3-5 years of product management experience in a fast-paced environment, consumer focused startup or experience in a fast-paced analytical role
- Exceptional technical, business and customer experience judgment
- Creative, scrappy, and customer-obsessed
- Superior written and verbal communication skills; presents effectively to a senior audience
- Excellent quantitative skills
- Deep empathy for the customer and problem solving for them
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage competing tasks in a fast-paced, highly ambiguous environment
- Ability to build business relationships across functional teams
Zola is the fastest growing wedding company in the country. We're reinventing the wedding planning and registry experience to make the happiest moment in our couples' lives even happier. From engagement to wedding and decorating your first home, Zola is there, combining compassionate customer service with modern tools and technology. All in the service of love.
Headquartered in New York City, our team brings deep experience working on beautiful, award-winning e-commerce sites and mobile apps in past roles at Gilt Groupe, Yahoo, Amazon, J.Crew, Rent The Runway, Goldman Sachs, among many others. In 2017 the Wall Street Journal named Zola a top 25 Tech Company to Watch, and Forbes named Zola a Next Billion-Dollar Startup.