As the first designer on the team, your ideas and vision will help drive how our users experience our products every day. You will join our product team in playing the pivotal role of making sure our products are accessible, intuitive and valuable to our customers.
You will be joining a fast-paced product team that thrives on brainstorming, whiteboarding, and cross-team collaboration, shaping future features and products.
You will help design the optimal solutions for user requirements and designing the wireframes/UI for the final solution on both web and mobile platforms. To be successful in this role, you should have experience with design software and wireframe tools.
- Lead the design process for new products, while optimizing user interface designs for existing products
- Work with the product team to gather and evaluate use cases, user stories, user flows, and wireframes.
- Translate wireframes into UI mockups and prototypes, clearly illustrating how sites and applications should look and function. This process will end with well-thought-out interfaces, high fidelity mockups, and smooth and intuitive interactions.
- Facilitate user research testing to validate problems presented by product team and influence the design of the solution
- Create original graphic designs (e.g. images, infographics, sketches and tables)
- Test for intuitivity and experience with customers and users
- Serve as a brand steward, ensuring a consistency of product appearance via use of style guides, style sheets, and enforcement of established standards and best practices
- Stay up to date with new web design trends and technologies
- Be a great team player. By joining the product team, you will collaborate closely with engineers, PMs, and QA teams to ensure pixel perfect implementation of design deliverables.
- A strong, well-rounded designer with experience in interaction, UI, and UX design across web and native mobile apps on iOS and Android
- 4+ years of experience in a UI/UX Design or similar role (preferrably for B2B SaaS experience)
- Preference for strong UI experience
- Strong UI/UX portfolio of relevant work is required. Please provide a link to your portfolio.
- Well versed with preferred design tools (Sketch, InVision, etc.)
- Strong listening, organizational, and communication skills
- Experience creating specs for UI deliverables, including UI states and behaviors
- Knowledge of the software development lifecycle and Agile methodologies
- Experience with cross-team interactions and dissemination of UI/UX documentation and information
- Willingness to whiteboard, document and lead design interactions with Product and Development to derive innovative solutions
- Empathy with a strong sense of user-centric narrative and experience creating user flows
- Health care plan (medical, dental & vision)
- Flexible vacation
- Family leave (maternity, paternity)
- Stock option plan
- Commuter benefits
- Budget for training & development
- Fun, diverse and intellectually eager coworkers
- Team happy hours and retreats
- Dog-friendly workplace