CoEdition is looking for a full-time UX designer to join our product team in NYC. Our UI/UX Designer will work closely with the product and engineering teams to conceptualize, design, prototype, test and iterate the next generation e-commerce marketplace.
We're looking for a “full-stack” product designer who is excited to create effective and beautiful web and mobile experiences from inception to execution.
CoEdition is a revolution in the fashion ecommerce space, a truly curated collection of fashion brands that puts women’s sizes 10 and above right where they deserve to be: front and center. We are all about serving her and building her an amazing experience that goes beyond clothes. We want to her to feel confident and beautiful.
We’re looking for someone to think holistically about solving her needs based on qualitative and quantitative research, prioritizing efforts on the details that matter most to her and the business. You should be comfortable conceptualizing a new feature based off of high-level business, customer and technical considerations as you are refining the perfect design pattern.
- Big picture and detail oriented. You are comfortable owning design from ideation to implementation, and you can roll with or without direction -- a true self-starter.
- Analytical and visual. You have experience designing for web – understanding best practices, design patterns, technical tools and their limitations. You also understand and embrace the relationship between interaction and visual design, advocating for usability, consistency, and beauty on both web and mobile.
- User-centered and data-driven. You have experience either conducting various types of qualitative and/or quantitative research, or experience interpreting and synthesizing research to understand customer needs, motivations and behaviors, and guide your design decisions.
- A builder. You have a portfolio that showcases your ability to create consumer-oriented designs for responsive web and mobile. (A huge plus if you know front-development or have robust prototyping skills)
- Agile. You’ve worked in a startup or startup-like environment (we’re a small team!), and know how to self-manage your schedule, design efficiently, and collaborate with engineers in an agile environment.
- Scrappy. You know how and when to prototype, test and validate your ideas before delivering high-fidelity mockups.
- Collaborative. You proactively and clearly articulate your design rationale, seek out and respond to feedback and critique well. You also work well with a variety of teams, from Data Science, Engineering, Marketing, Customer Service and Merchandising to align on objectives.
- Innately curious. You have a passion for asking questions and constantly learning.
- BFA, BS or equivalent experience in Design or HCI related field
- 3-5 years of experience working in an in-house product design capacity, designing for both web and mobile
- Well-versed in design software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, and prototyping tools such as InVision, Pixate, Principle
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS a plus
- This position is full-time and based in NYC. We’re located in the Flatiron District.
- Compensation and title commensurate with experience
- The role reports to our VP of Product
What We Offer
- Competitive salary
- Early stage equity opportunity
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Fun, flexible work environment -- we love what we are building but also know its important to have balance.
- Respect for your talents
Who We Are
CoEdition is a startup based in New York City. We are backed by the strongest names in the venture capital community: NEA, General Catalyst, Primary and BBG Ventures.
CoEdition does not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or veteran status.