GLAMSQUAD is an on-demand beauty provider delivering professional and affordable hair, makeup and nails services. Our clients range from busy professionals to working moms to social weekenders to celebrities. Our beauty professionals are seasoned veterans in the industry who are hand-picked in our own on-site salon and have sky-high ratings from our clients. With a rapidly growing customer base in NYC, LA, and Miami, we are looking for a seasoned leader to build and manage our growing product team in our NYC headquarters and build a world-class, cross-platform digital ecosystem and brand equally loved by our clients and our beauty professionals.
As Head of Product at GLAMSQUAD, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of talented designers and product managers, driving the company’s product design vision end to end, and collaborating cross-functionally to ensure a world-class product experience which drives true business results and further builds a unique brand.
The Ideal Candidate:
You have built or have seen through the building of a services based product at scale. You can think about a product end-to-end, from first marketing touch, to conversion, to continued engagement and beyond. You are equally at home being involved and leading conversations about user experience design flows (customer), technical roadmaps (engineering), and monthly user acquisition targets (business/marketing). You can synthetically blend between analytical data driven decision making and the insights from a qualitative user interview, thinking holistically about solving customer needs and prioritizing efforts where it matters most to the user and the business. You are as comfortable conceptualizing a new product or feature, as you are weighing the customer, business, and engineering needs. You are highly detail oriented and know that can make or break a product experience, but can always hold the broader brand and business story alive and in mind as you execute on the finer details.
- Define the company’s product strategy both client facing (our customers) and beauty professional facing (our service providers) in partnership with the Co-Founder and develop supporting business analyses/plans in partnership with engineering, customer experience, operations, and business to create execution plans supportive of the strategy.
- Build and nurture a world-class product team composed of Product Managers, Product Designers, and Visual Designers. Provide mentorship, inspiration, regular guidance, and remove blockers for this growing team.
- Create and cultivate a creative design-driven culture that not just generates pixel perfect designs, but also is on the cutting edge of interaction design and creating delightful online-offline service experiences reinforcing the brand’s emotional value proposition.
- Develop an effective and efficient Product Management function, including defining the team’s overall mission/objectives; designing the organizational structure, roles, and responsibilities; emphasizing validated data-driven learning; and creating a test-and-learn culture which achieves results.
- Work directly with and ensure alignment of product goals of C-level executives and stakeholders/other leads in NY HQ and multiple cities.
- Drive innovation, definition, deliverables planning (roadmap) and design of entirely new Glamsquad products and product features to deliver against company goals. Requires challenging all members of cross-functional team (engineering, marketing, etc.) to think boldly and creatively and then to funnel that energy into concrete products and execution plans.
- Develop a strategic understanding of target markets and evolving trends. This includes working cross-functionally to drive market research programs and develop business cases to support new business opportunities.
- Plan and execute both qualitative and quantitative user research studies in an agile fashion. Support product development with ongoing market and customer feedback and help translate that feedback to achieve a best-in-class experience for clients and our service providers.
- 5-10+ years experience in consumer-facing, software product development; at least half of that time in a management capacity (has led and hired a team of 5+ PMs)
- Has owned multiple complex product experiences end to end.
- Experience with with digital products and real-world services.
- Familiarity with the most current project / process management tools.
- You have had previous experience in a senior product design role for at least 5+ years at a technology company, and additionally you have 5+ years of deep UX experience at some point in your career. UI experience is a plus. Experience with physical CPG product is also a plus.
- You’re user-centered. You are customer-centric, and love to think holistically about solving customer needs based on qualitative and quantitative research, prioritizing roadmaps and features within an agile sprint culture.
- You have the ability to support, enable and integrate with Glamsquad’s agile product development culture and rapid cadence of frequent and aggressive release cycles.
- You’re scrappy. You know how and when to prototype, test and validate product hypotheses, and have proven success at identifying MVPs and growing them into delightful and successful software and in-person experiences.
- Leadership, technical competence and credibility demonstrated through work experience and education as well as the ability to be hands on.
- High comfort level with lots of customer discovery, in-person interviews, user surveys, statistics and data to continuously improve the customer experience.
- You know how to leverage data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis. An ability to use customer research, surveys and other data as core tools, understand market dynamics, recognize and identify trends and inputs is highly desirable.
- Entrepreneurial and risk-oriented, with an understanding of the dynamics of small, high-growth companies, and the ability to work in a rapidly changing environment. Confident and experienced decision-maker, comfortable with risk assessment and the ability to assume a leadership role and "push the envelope" when required.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to translate complex technical issues into easily understood terms. Equally comfortable talking with customers, investors, employees, executive senior management team members, and the Board.
- Passionate, driven, generous and a motivated self-starter, with deep collaboration skills and EQ.
- A true passion for Glamsquad’s mission and a strong leader who can recruit and mentor world class team, work well cross functionally, develop clear strategies/plans, and effectively organize team to deliver results
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, science, business, economics or other relevant field, Master’s degree preferred
- 5-10+ years of experience in product management or product design
- NYC-based role
- Compensation and title commensurate with experience
- Competitive salary + equity
- Medical, vision, and dental insurance
- Open vacation policy