We’re seeking a lead iOS engineer who wants to have the autonomy and excitement of bringing TRASH to market and beyond. You like a serious challenge, want to work fast, and enjoy a very early-stage environment.
LOGISTICS / ENVIRONMENT
• Contract to FT
• Early employee equity
• Health benefits
• NYC preferred but remote (within reasonable timezone distance) okay
• Flexible hours, kind diverse humans, mature leadership; not complete chaos 😉
• Shared NYU studio space in Dumbo, killer roof deck!
• 5+ years of iOS development experience with:
• XCode, Git, Swift, Obj-C, GraphQL
• Reading design artifacts and working with designers to prototype, test, iterate and implement playful, user friendly UI
• Working closely with backend / dev-ops on cloud integration, APIs
• Working closely with product to help define features, metrics, analytics and quickly get to the bottom of user feedback
GREAT TO HAVE
• Experience with consumer-facing applications
• Some knowledge of working in video, photo, or working with the iOS Camera inc. AVFoundation, Core Video, Core Image, Core Media
• Understanding of media basics, codecs, compression, delivery/streaming formats
• Experience working with ML engineers and accepting Core ML models, Metal Performance Shaders an extra huge plus (and totally not expected!)
Apply here or email email@example.com with your resume and a link to your work
MORE ABOUT THE COMPANY
TRASH is a pre-launch video app startup that uses hot-off-the-presses academic research and our own in-house innovations in Machine Learning, Computer Vision, and Computational Cinematography to make videos edit themselves. In other words: you shoot, we edit.
We’re backed by some of the best early-stage institutional funds, we’re a small, fun diverse team of startup veterans, PhDs, and content creators based out of NYC. We’re a design-driven company, meaning users and the user experience comes first, always!