The Wing is scaling its product and engineering teams as part of our efforts to provide our rapidly growing community of members with the ability to connect with each other anytime, anywhere. We are seeking a Product Designer to lead an array of exciting new digital initiatives from idea to execution.
In this role, you will partner with the Product Management and Engineering teams to re-imagine, craft, and deliver impactful products for our members. As one of the first digital designers at The Wing, you'll play a critical role in establishing the team's principles, process, and culture. You'll also collaborate closely with our Creative team, helping translate our signature brand identity to multiple platforms. If you love a fast-paced environment and working for mission-driven organization, this opportunity could be for you.
Who you are
- A designer with 3+ years experience delivering best-in-class products across iOS, Android, and/or web
- Strong track record as an individual contributor, using your skills to level-up the UX and visual design for organizations
- A portfolio that demonstrates a thoughtful design process, user-centric approach to problem-solving, and top-notch visual design
- Ability to collaborate in a cross-functional, agile environment
- An excellent storyteller with the skills to convey complex ideas to a wide range of stakeholders
- Insight-driven from the get-go, using a combination of data and qualitative research to inform design decisions
- A problem-solver with an eye towards the short and long-term, working within constraints and iterating toward a future vision
- Deep knowledge of current best practices and industry standards
- Savvy craftsmanship, with experience designing and prototyping in tools like Sketch, InVision, Principle, etc.
- Comfortable working in a high-growth, iterative environment
- Energized by solving complex problems
- Passionate and strategic about delivering great products
- A lover of design, eager to learn, grow, and contribute with the team
- Desire to roll up sleeves and get scrappy
- Ability to accept and provide critique gracefully
- Curious, collaborative, and empathetic