GLAMSQUAD is an on-demand beauty provider delivering professional and affordable hair, makeup and nails services. Our clients range from busy professionals to working moms to social weekenders to celebrities. Our beauty professionals are seasoned veterans in the industry who are hand-picked in our own on-site salon and have sky-high ratings from our clients. With a rapidly growing customer base in NYC, LA, and Miami, we are looking to expand the design team in our NYC headquarters to build a world-class, cross-platform digital ecosystem and brand equally loved by our clients and our beauty professionals.
You are a “full-stack” product designer who is excited to own end-to-end digital experiences that are thoughtful and beautiful. You are customer-centric, and love to think holistically about solving customer need based on qualitative and quantitative research, prioritizing your efforts on the details that matter most to the user and the business. You are as comfortable conceptualizing a new product or feature framework based off of high-level business, customer and technical considerations as you are refining the perfect design pattern or microinteraction.
- You’re both strategic and tactical. You are comfortable owning design from ideation to implementation – not just wireframing or pixel pushing. You appreciate direction, but are also excited to lead, and are self-driven and self-critical of your own work.
- You’re both analytical and visual. You are a product designer that has proven UX chops. You also understand and embrace the relationship between interaction and visual design, advocating for usability, consistency, and beauty on both web and mobile.
- You’re user-centered. You have experience either conducting various types of qualitative and/or quantitative research, or experience interpreting and synthesizing research to guide your design actions and decisions.
- You’re a builder. You have a portfolio that proves you understand what it takes to create consumer-oriented designs for responsive web and mobile. Front-end development or robust prototyping skills a plus.
- You’re agile. You’ve worked in a startup or startup-like environment, and know how to self-manage your schedule, design efficiently, and collaborate with engineers in an agile environment.
- You’re scrappy. You know how and when to prototype, test and validate your ideas before nailing down pixel-perfect mockups.
- You’re a communicator. You proactively and clearly articulate your design rationale, seek out and respond to feedback, and seek out team members outside of product design for collaboration and support when needed.
- You’re curious. You have a passion for learning and process, and are as keen to improve HOW you design as WHAT you design.
- BFA, BS or equivalent in Design or HCI related field
- 3-6 years of experience working in an in-house product design capacity
- NYC-based for on-site work preferred
- Well-versed in design software including Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, Omnigraffle, and prototyping tools such as InVision, Pixate, Principle
- Knowledge of HTML/CSS/JS a plus
- Compensation and title commensurate with experience
- Contract-to-hire and Full Time available