Modsy is a fast-growing SF based startup that allows you to see inspirational designs and decor within the context of your own home. Sparked by a lifelong passion for the intersection of design and technology, Modsy is being brought to life by a diverse and talented team of engineers, artists, designers, and creators.
This Senior Product Manager role has strong opportunities to innovate, with full support from senior leadership. It requires someone with deep knowledge of the product management process, previous experience crafting end-to-end experiences, and a strong passion for helping both Modsy and the customer succeed.
Come help us disrupt the multi-million dollar interior design market! Modsy was named one of Business Insider’s hottest SF startups of 2018, one of Inc’s world’s coolest offices, and we’re looking for smart, driven, passionate people to join us on this adventure.
We are looking for:
- Strong team players. You have exceptional interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to build relationships within our team and with internal business partners. You are persuasive, encouraging, and motivating at all levels of interaction.
- Strategic thinkers. You have a desire to innovate, and you can translate high level strategy into actionable ideas.
- The ability to prioritize. You know that tradeoffs must be made, and you have thought through methodologies and tactics for working through evaluation of those tradeoffs. You possess the ability to drive clear decisions and to proactively communicate with all stakeholders.
- Motivated self-starters. You are a motivated self-starter and you have a desire to inspire others to continuously improve. You are comfortable working in an ambiguous environment and work independently to achieve results with minimal guidance.
- Big picture thinking. You think to ask the questions nobody else has asked.
You’ll be excited about this role because you will:
- Synthesize information from customers and business partners in order to identify unsolved problems and potential opportunities.
- Conduct market research to identify new features, trends and opportunities.
- Drive the opportunity discovery process and partner with experience design and development to build products and solutions that will delight customers while driving revenue.
- Define and analyze key metrics that will inform decision-making and measure the success of product-driven initiatives.
We’ll be excited about you because your qualifications include:
- 3+ years of experience in product management (preferably 2+ in e-commerce) Overall 5+ years of experience in software industry or an adjacent role (for ex: UX, Project Management, QA, or product development)
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills with an ability to state things simply and persuasively for a variety of audiences - internal, external, business and technical, including excellent presentation and storytelling skills.
- Familiarity with Scrum/Agile/ Lean Startup methodologies. Experience working in a rapid prototyping environment a plus.
- Technical fluency; understanding and discussing architectural concepts, schedule tradeoffs, and new opportunities with technical team members.
- Experience working with remote employees.